See the performance difference of Ecolife and learn why
ALL TREATED WOOD IS NOT THE SAME
Advanced and Innovative Technology
Makes Outdoor Wood Look Better For Longer
Ecolife™ Stabilized Weather-Resistant Wood is an advanced wood protection system, utilizing a fully integrated wood preservative with built-in stabilizer for maximum weathering protection and enhanced performance.
Wood stabilizing preservative system
- Advanced non-metallic wood preservative system with a fully integrated wood stabilizer
- Built-in water repellency lasts for up to 3 years
- Pressure impregnated process protects wood to the core, unlike surface applied treatments
- Saves time & money with reduced maintenance
- Significantly reduces cracking, checking and splitting by up to 50%
- Less corrosive to fasteners and compatible with aluminum products
- AWPA standardized as a complete wood protection system
- Lifetime Limited Warranty against fungal decay and termite attack
- Build with the economy and beauty of real wood with less waste and fewer callbacks
- The ideal choice for outdoor projects exposed to the weather
Building Code Compliant
- Ecolife Stabilized Weather-Resistant Wood is AWPA standardized and building-code approved (Use Categories U1, UC3B) for above-ground applications such as decks, fencing and similar projects. (Not intended for contact with soil).
- The AWPA Standards are the only treated wood standards directly referenced in the IBC and IRC. Look for “AWPA U1” on the end tags of all treated lumber used for exterior projects. Click here for AWPA information on how to specify treated wood.
- The Prescriptive Residential Deck Construction Guide includes guidance compiled by the American Wood Council (AWC) on provisions of the International Residential Code (IRC) pertaining to single level residential wood deck construction. To ensure that you always have the latest version of the document, click on the highlighted text above to review the most current on the AWC's website. This document is subject to updates and revisions.
Fasteners and Aluminum Contact
- Ecolife Stabilized Weather-Resistant Wood is no more corrosive to fasteners and metal fittings than untreated wood.
- Ecolife can be used in direct contact with aluminum building products, even in constantly wet applications.
- Use of fasteners and contact with aluminum products is permissible in compliance with applicable building codes and fastener manufacturer’s recommendations.
Green Certified Product
Ecolife is a NAHB Home Innovation Research Labs Green Certified Product for Resource Efficiency and is eligible to contribute points toward a buildings certification under the National Green Building Standard™. See our NGBS Green Certified Products at: http://www.homeinnovation.com/greenproducts for more information.
Ecolife NGBS Green Certified Product Certificate
* See Ecolife Lifetime Limited Warranty for terms and conditions.
Applications (Above ground contact)
- Ecolife's natural wood appearance offers consumers the natural beauty of real wood
- Left uncoated, Ecolife will weather to gray following long-term exposure to the elements.
- Ecolife can be painted or stained to match any outdoor color scheme.
- High-quality oil and latex based paints and stains are recommended.
- It is important that the wood is dry and clean prior to applying any coating.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions and product labels for proper use of any stain, paint or wood finish.
Follow the safe practices listed below when working with pressure-treated wood. Specific work practices may vary depending on the environment and safety requirements of individual jobs.
- Wear gloves when working with wood.
- Wear a dust mask when machining any wood to reduce the inhalation of wood dusts.
- Wear appropriate eye protection to reduce the potential for eye injury from wood particles and flying debris during machining.
- Wash hands thoroughly with mild soap and water after working with treated wood.
- All sawdust and debris should be cleaned up and disposed of after construction in accordance with local waste management regulations.
- Do not burn pressure-treated wood.
- Wash work clothes separately from other household clothing before reuse.
- Pressure-treated wood should not be used where it may come into direct or indirect contact with drinking water, except for uses involving incidental contact such as fresh water docks and bridges.
- Do not use pressure-treated wood in circumstances where the preservative may become a component of food, animal feed or beehives.
- Do not use pressure-treated wood for mulch.
- Ecolife may be disposed of in landfills or burned in commercial or industrial incinerators or boilers in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
Refer to the latest Ecolife Safety DataSheets (SDS).
Comments from the Professionals:
“Because it repels moisture so effectively, it doesn’t crack and warp in wet environments like other types of treated lumber. We highly recommend it for framing, substructures, and decks. Ecolife is our first choice. You can’t build great decks with bad materials.”
Bob Heidenreich - Owner, The Deck Store, MN
“Vision Ace Hardware has carried Ecolife for at least three years, and we’ve seen a dramatic drop in our waste from inventory losses. We used to lose approximately 10 to 20 pieces from a 208-piece unit of lumber, and with Ecolife we now lose only 2-3 pieces. Our lumber inventory seems straighter and looks good while in stock here. Our customer base is a mix of commercial and consumer/DIY, and both types of customers have been very happy with Ecolife thus far.”
Calvin Roberts - Vision Ace Hardware, Wauchula, FL
“Our Carter Lumber store has carried Ecolife for 4-5 months now, and we’ve seen a decrease in culls. We used to lose 6-12 pieces per unit, and that seems to be down around 1-4 pieces now with Ecolife. The wood looks nicer, cleaner and newer, and especially when inventory does sit here a little longer, it looks better now. On the sales side, having the weathering protection already in the lumber is a big plus for the builder and the homeowner.”
Brad Schafer - Manager, Carter Lumber #211, Bucyrus, OH
“We use Ecolife almost exclusively now and it has been working great so far. We’ve seen a dramatic decrease in the number of issues like checking and cracking. The treatment can’t fix wood issues, but the chemicals in Ecolife definitely do a great job in helping the wood stand up to the tough weather here in Florida.”
Orlando Tellez, Owner - Sarasota Fence, Florida
“Talbert Building Supply has been selling treated lumber from Tucker Lumber for over 20 years. Their quality lumber and service is second to none. Since their conversion to Ecolife we have had fewer complaints about lumber shrinking and warping. After the unusually hot summer we have experienced, that is very important.”
Danny Talbert, President & Owner - Talbert Building Supply, Durham, NC
"We at Legacy Building Company use Ecolife Treated Lumber often and have had no call backs or complaints. We are very happy with the product and will continue to use it on all our projects.”
Mark Duncan - Legacy Building Company, Roxboro, NC
“I just recently finished a project using Ecolife Treated Lumber. My client is ecstatic about the project. They could not be happier with the end result or the product. We plan to use it more in the future.”
David Morris - J.D. Morris Construction, Durham, NC
“We are convinced Ecolife is a better treated wood product. Out in the yard, boards remain straighter and look nicer for a longer period of time. Our inventory shrinkage is lower due to fewer boards going bad on the rack. Best of all, we have repeat customers coming back and asking for Ecolife because of its performance for them as well. Word of mouth has spread, and business for Ecolife is definitely growing.”
Dee Pasteur - Yandle’s Building Materials, FL
“We have been very happy with Ecolife Stabilized Wood. We store our treated products outside and have noticed significantly less culling since we switched our inventory to Ecolife.
Ecolife has been a home run for us and our customers. Our customers are very happy with the performance in the field. Ecolife yards better and is a greener, safer product for us and our customers to handle at relatively the same price point.”
Larry Reese - Woodland Building Supply, PA
“We’ve been selling Ecolife for approximately six months, and our customers seem to like the lighter color and some have said Ecolife looks “clean” compared to other treated lumber. Our cull rate seems to be slightly lower, and Ecolife also seems to have less checking. Overall, we’re pleased with Ecolife thus far.“
Rick Stilwell, Manager - Carter Lumber, Etna, OH