Whole-House Framing Decay & Termite Protection
Termite attack on wooden structures in the United States leads to billions of dollars in damages each year. In recent years, the introduction of the Formosan termite into Hawaii and the southern US has been well documented, and has lead to a significant increase in the degree and rate of termite damage caused to homes and commercial structures.
For interior applications such as wood-frame construction and interior sheathing applications, TimberSaver wood treatment solutions provide protection against attack from Formosan termites and fungal decay. It is not suitable for applications exposed to the weather or in-ground contact, and must be protected from exposure to liquid water and wet weather while in transit and while being stored at retail yards and job sites.
Standards and Approvals
- Meets American Wood Protection Association (AWPA) standards
- Meets State of Hawaii requirements for protection against Formosan termites
TimberSaver® 40 lumber and plywood is protected with an enhanced wood preservative system, combining Disodium Octoborate Tetrahydrate (DOT) with a highly effective organic termiticide to provide improved protection against all termite species including Formosan termites, as well as fungal decay, in dry interior applications.
- Covered by a 40-Year transferable limited warranty against structural damage due to fungal decay and termite damage.
TimberSaver® PT lumber and plywood is pressure-treated with a borate-based wood preservative (Disodium Octoborate Tetrahydrate - DOT) that protects against Formosan and other termite species and fungal decay in dry interior applications.
- Covered by a 20-Year transferable limited warranty against structural damage due to fungal decay and termite damage.
- Protects against Formosan Termites and other wood destroying insects
- Protects against fungal decay
- Non-corrosive to metal fasteners
- Non-toxic to humans and animals
- Does not adversely effect the strength properties of the treated lumber or plywood
- TimberSaver is a colorless treatment but is available with a blue dye to make job-site product identification easier
- Penetrates difficult-to-treat refractory species such as Spruce-Pine-Fir and Douglas Fir
- Framing lumber
- Sill plates
- Floor joists
- Roof rafters
- Interior sheathing
- Furring strips
- Wood trim
- Wear gloves to protect against splinters
- Wear a dust mask when machining any wood to reduce the inhalation of wood dusts
- Wear appropriate eye protection to reduce the potential for eye injury from wood particles and flying debris during machining
- Wash thoroughly with mild soap and water after working with treated wood
- Do not burn