The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the movement of freight via all modes of transportation (80%), entering customer orders (10%) and coordinating end user claims (10%). The Logistics Coordinator is also responsible for tracking vendor inventories and proactively mitigating potential supply issues.
Duties and responsibilities
- Primary communicator with customer entering new or changes to orders
- Make decisions based on best course of action and circumstances on a shipment-by-shipment basis maintaining service standards, profitability and fairness to customers and vendors
- Provide customers and vendors with pertinent shipment details, i.e. location of drivers, expected ETA, specific site requirements, delivery confirmation, etc.
- Coordinate movement of goods from shipper to destination within parameters required by customer and established lead times, and based on inventory and trucking availability
- Notify customer if shipment requirements are not able to be met, if there is an issue with any portion of the shipment affecting pick up or delivery or any other incidents in transit negatively impacting the performance requirements of shipment and follow-up until delivery is met
- Work with vendor Transportation Manager and trucking company to coordinate shipments and ensure on-time deliveries
- Track vendor inventories and coordinate with vendor Plant Manager on product availability and production schedules
- Develop relationship with customers to identify when chemical is likely to be needed and work with account managers to identify additional sales opportunities
- Handle and maintain end user claims
- Set up new accounts and any changes required
- Initiate Customer Master Change Authorization (CMCA) for price changes
- Update price book and spreadsheets
- Customer questions and issues
- Assist Director of Sales with pricing quotes/database and other tasks as assigned
- Coordinate schedule with Accounting Manager to ensure order desk is covered throughout the day when the company is open for business.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong customer service or sales background dealing with either customers or transportation providers
- Ability to maintain confidential information and prioritize multiple demands
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to negotiate a must
- Experience with Microsoft Office, with the ability to operate our ERP system
- Highly motivated detail-oriented team player with a desire to learn
- Associates Degree preferred
- Five or more years related experience
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds
- Ability to reach and grasp
- Ability to see
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Viance, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.