- Brian Murch, Electric Distribution Supervisor, City of Painesville, OH
The active ingredient in UltraPole™ NXT treated poles and crossarms, DCOI has been standardized since 1989 by the American Wood Protection Association. DCOI is also the key preservative component in Ecolife treated decking and fencing, the leading non-metallic preservative currently on the market.
This environmentally-advanced alternative for utility pole treatment has many advantages over the traditional oil-borne pole and crossarm treatments. The UltraPole NXT formulation is an environmentally-advanced and thoroughly tested preservation system. UltraPoleNXT offers electric utilities a high performance, durable pole with minimal environmental impact.
Added to the AWPA Book of Standards, the product is standardized for southern yellow pine, red pine and Douglas fir poles, and southern yellow pine and Douglas fir crossarms.
- UltraPole NXT uses less energy, fossil fuels and water to produce, with lower eco-toxicity than other materials used for poles.
- UlltraPole NXT capitalizes on both the physical and environmental strengths of wood poles, with less impact on the environment.
- UltraPole NXT treated poles are backed by a 50-year warranty against termites and decay and offer the industry’s only warranty for an oil-borne preservative
- UltraPole NXT's active ingredient is not a Restricted Use Pesticide.
- UltraPole NXT is not persistent in soil.
- UltraPole NXT treated poles have low to no odor.
- UltraPole NXT poles have a wider range of disposal options at end of life.